The "Lynching" Of Black Churches.
# 13 Predator is Lack Of Faith In God & The Black Church.
Predator # 13 deals with 1. Individuals who go to church every day but don't really know or trust the things that God has sent them here to do. 2.The church that has become so commercial that their pastors may have the poverbial "Hard time getting through the eye of a needle", (you know the bible verse about the camel) and 3. Black teen's and young adult that are semi-atheist and have a dysfunctional relationship with God and the church.
Question: Is the Black communities losing it's faith in God and the Black church?
Answer: It does appear that more and more Blacks are losing their faith in God and the Black church. Violence, drugs, adultery, promiscuity, are all running rampant through almost every Black community in america.
Problem: There was a time when Black churches were the foundations of the Black communities. The church was a meeting place, a recreation center, a community center for seniors, families, teens and children. There were church events that focused on strengthening Black families and Black communities.
Most of today's churches , however, are very different. Most of today's churches are businesses. They focus on making money first and helping people has become secondary. Many preachers today are telling Blacks that no matter how much bad you do God still loves you.
The problem with their teachings is, if God loves a person no matter how much they do bad then what incentive is there for them to do good? For example, if God loves a man or woman no matter how many times they cheat on their spouse then what reason is there for them not to cheat?
In today's church a person can worship the almighty dollar during the week and worship God on sundays. A man can leave his wife and children and still be deacon of the church. A couple can be living together out of wedlock and still be youth counselors at the church. Gangster rappers can promote violence, sex, drugs, alcoholism, child abuse and w****mongering during the week and still perform with the choir on Sundays. Men can lay with men and women can lay with women and still sit on the usher board of the church.
With so many preachers telling so many people that all people are welcomed in the sight of God be they good or bad, saint or sinner, it's no wonder that so many peolple (especially our children) are choosing "sin".
The real issue is what will tomorrow's Black churches and Black communities be like 20, 40 or 60 years from now? Today when you look back 3 generations you recall a community where going to church was mandatory. When you look back 2 generations it seemed that going to church was not so mandatory but still more or less expected. When you look back 1 generation it appears that going to church somehow became "optional". And now when one looks at today's generation it appears that going to church is believed by most to be unnecessary.
If God loves you no matter what you do then it doesn't matter what you do or where you do it. Therefore, all of the things you were told in the past, including the ten commandments, become null and void...
because God loves you anyway.
Now the ten commandments are interpreted, optional or left out of the teachings all together.
"God Loves You Anyway."
1. Thy shalt have no other gods before the lord thy god. But if you do it only during the weekdays then that's okay because God loves you anyway.
2. Thou shalt not make unto thee any engraven image. But if that image is covered in diamonds then it's okay because God loves you anyway.
3. Thou shalt not take the name of the lord thy god in vain. But if you only do it when you're angry then that's okay because God loves you anyway.
4. Remember the sabbath, to keep it holy. But if you don't feel like going to church then that's okay because God loves you anyway.
5. Honor thy father and thy mother. But if they make you mad you don't have to that's okay because God loves you anyway.
6. Thou shalt not kill. But if the person deserves to die then that's okay because God loves you anyway.
7. Thou shalt not commit adultery. But if your spouse is also doing it then it's okay because God loves you anyway.
8. Thou shalt not steal. But if people are always stealing stuff from you then you can steal stuff from them it's okay because God loves you anyway.
9. Thou shalt not bare false witness against thy neighbor. But if you have a good reason for baring false witness then it's okay because God loves you anyway.
10. Thou shalt not covet. But if someone has better stuff than you do then it's okay because God loves you anyway.
Preachers have always told Blacks that God loves everyone. That...
God loves those who hung Black men, Black women & Black children.
God loves those that raped & tortured Black women & young Black girls.
God loves those that shot, beat & choke the life out of young Black men.
God loves those that violate the self respect of young Black girls & then put those young Black girls out on the street corners for others to violate them.
God loves those that take advantage of elderly Blacks, leaving those elderly Blacks homeless & pennyless.
God loves those that live fat off the church while their congregations live in poverty & despair.
God loves men who have sex with men, women who have sex with women, adults that have sex with children and so on and so on.
It is no wonder that Blacks ( especially Black children) are confused about who & what God doesn't love, if one is to believe that God loves everyone.
Solution: While no one is perfect, perfection should be the goal at all times.
Unfortunately. the Black churches continue to accept sin and thereby encourages more sin.
Adultery, fornication, homosexuality, perversions, gluttony, greed, violence, family abandonment, drug addictions, alcoholism and all of the other ills of the Black communities must no longer be accepted & embraced, then and only then, can the Black family began to strengthen & grow from the 13% that it has been kept at for 400 years.
Happy 21st Century Kwanzaa.